SCC - A Church Not For Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow. Glad we found you guys

2 posters

Go down

Wow.  Glad we found you guys Empty Wow. Glad we found you guys

Post  jmwe29 06/05/11, 09:44 am

Hi. This link is just now circulating with a bunch of us that have left a church in Missouri that has had Keith Johnson as a guest speaker many times. Since leaving I've found several books that some of you might find interesting. I haven't cruised through all the posts, so this may be redundant, but the best one so far is Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by David Johnson and Jeff Van Vonderen. Major eye-opener, and my jaw has been on the floor ever since I've read this thing. Got 2/3 of it highlighted. Available on amazon.com. Another great one- Authority, Accountability and the Apostolic Movement by Stephen Crosby. Many, many articles are online. The first one that really broke the whole thing open to us is here: http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/biblestudyandtheology/discipleship/spiritual_abuse1.aspx A must read. It's in 3 parts, links at the bottom to the rest of the article. So glad to know that you have figured out the deception too. Be not entangled again with a yoke of slavery!!!!!

jmwe29

Back to top Go down

Wow.  Glad we found you guys Empty Re: Wow. Glad we found you guys

Post  2 06/05/11, 02:29 pm

Really...and why does that not surprise me...*shanking head*

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient 07/05/11, 10:14 am

That book by Johnson and Jeff VanVonderen was a real life saver a decade or more ago. When my deal went down there was little available information on the whole area of spiritual abuse and certainly not a local group of people talking about it.

Interesting that VanVonderen was a little known counsellor from a church in Minnesota at the time. He has become a rock star of sorts in the field of addiction and recovery and one on the interventionists in the A&E show Intervention.

Ancient

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down