SCC - A Church Not For Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight")

4 posters

Go down

Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight") Empty Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight")

Post  Admin 20/02/10, 12:16 am

**The Subtle Powers of Spiritual Abuse -- A must read book, available at Scott's Parables, Amazon.ca, etc.

www.howcultswork.com -- (even if you wouldnt classify SCC as a cult, they have many cultish practices)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight") Empty 2 Websites

Post  Enlightened 23/02/10, 03:03 pm

I found these websites helpful 4 me:

http://www.churchabuse.com/

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/articles.html#signs

It helps 2 realize that lots of other people are going thru this 2. So funny that SCC thought they were such an elite church, yet many other churches are the exact same.

Last edited by Enlightened on 29/03/10, 05:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Enlightened

Back to top Go down

Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight") Empty Healing From Spiritual Abuse by Ken Blue

Post  no_more_rewinds 28/03/10, 11:20 pm

I remember while I was still attending SCC, picking up a book that a friend of mine from a different church had bought called Healing from Spiritual Abuse by Ken Blue. I remember being intrigued by just the back cover alone, does your Pastor do this, do that, etc etc. I devoured the entire book in a day and remember feeling guilty for reading it, and thinking how exactly the same it was as my church. I always heard stuff (rumours) and I also sensed stuff on my own but that book set off so much inside me and I quickly felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. I recommend it to anyone who isn't sure what to think about SCC. It helped me a lot.
no_more_rewinds
no_more_rewinds

Back to top Go down

Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight") Empty Re: Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight")

Post  Enlightened 29/04/10, 08:27 pm

I remember when I left I felt like there were so many things that I wish I would have said, and would even replay the conversations that I wished I had had over and over in my head. I came across this site, and I think it is the perfect thing for this issue.

http://wouldhavesaid.com/ I am looking forward to finally having my say!

Enlightened

Back to top Go down

Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight") Empty A couple books

Post  jmwe29 18/08/11, 10:46 pm

After leaving an abusive church, I found a couple books that have really helped me- Charismatic Captivation by Stephen Lambert- long and involved, and I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but it's loaded with good information. The other one- Authority, Accountability and the Apostolic Movement by Steven Crosby. They both do a great job of shooting down the shepherding/discipleship form of church govt found in abusive churches and give sound, biblical reasons why it's heresy.

jmwe29

Back to top Go down

Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight") Empty Re: Post good books/websites to read here...(originally posted by "inthelight")

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down